The Directorate of Linkages and Continuing Education was created as part of the fall-outs of Management’s retreat held at Ibadan, Oyo State in December, 2011. Prior to its establishment, there were three Directorates, each with distinct functions and responsibilities. These Directorates are: Directorate of Outreach Programme, Directorate of External Linkages and the School of Basic & Remedial Studies.
In the course of review of activities of each directorate at the retreat, it was discovered that there were overlapping functions and responsibilities while duplication of duties was obvious. This, apart from causing role conflict, was discovered as a way of wasting the resources of the Polytechnic. Hence, the decision to merge the erstwhile Directorate was reached to ensure effective and efficient utilization of the Polytechnic’s resources.
The new Directorate (Linkages & Continuing Education) has within it, two major units known as Linkages and Outreach Units as well as Continuing Education Unit for ease of coordination and control.
The mission of the Directorate is to make higher Education available to desirous youths and adults by bringing higher education closer to the people in line with government’s programme of “education for all”.
FUNCTIONS OF THE DIRECTORATE
- Running and coordinating Outreach programmes
- Admission of qualified students into the programmes
- Examining and organizing examinations for the students.
- Ensuring appropriate Linkages and partnership programme with relevant individuals, organisations, groups, bodies or stakeholders.
- Implementation of Management’s policies and programmes on all partnership & Linkages programme.
- Running and coordinating of all transferred programmes from other institutions.
- Running and coordinating of all conversion programmes as may be appropriate.
- Serving as Coordinating Directorate/Link for staff or individual/body who might be on national or international programme such as post-graduate studies, conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Running of Remedial Programmes for Secondary School Leavers who have one deficiency or the other in their previous O/L exams.
- Organizing and Conducting Post UTME Admission Screening Tests for all prospective ND and HND candidates.
Mr. Samuel Oluwole BABAJIDE
Designation: Senior Lecturer
Mr. Samuel Babajide was born on 16th December 1961. He attended Army Children School (Mokola, Ibadan) between 1968 and 1971, Ibadan City Council School, Apata between 1972 and 1973. He proceeded to Baptist Grammar School, Ibadan between 1973 and 1978, St. Leo’s Teachers’ College, Abeokuta between 1979 and 1981, Oyo State College of Education between 1982 and 1985, University of Lagos 1987 and 1990.
Furthermore, Mr. Babajide proceeded to Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta between 2001 and 2005, and 2009-date in the same University.
He obtained the following qualifications: NCE in Science Laboratory Technology, B.Sc degree in Chemistry Education, M.Sc degree in Toxicology and currently rounding off his doctoral programme (PhD).
He had worked with Ogun State Teaching Service Commission for eight (8) years before joining this Polytechnic in Sept 1994 till date.
He is a member of Chemical Society of Nigeria, Nigeria Institute of Food Science and Technology.
Currently, he is the Director, Directorate of Linkages and Continue Education.