The Security Unit is under the Rector’s office and its objectives are:
- To protect life and property within the community.
- To ensure the maintenance of law and order on the campus.
- To ensure that the movement of the public to the campus is adequately controlled.
- To liaise between the Polytechnic community and the external Security Agencies on security issues.
- To serve as a clearing house for all matters relating to security on campus.
Apart from the internal security set-up of the Polytechnic and government security support,
private security outfit services are also employed to achieve the above listed objectives.
Mr Ighabor Simeon is the head of the unit.